I bought this book a few years ago, and I loved the concept but couldn’t stick to it. Mr Hal Elrod outlines a six step program of practices to do every day, to achieve optimum success and happiness. It includes exercise, affirmations, stillness, visualising, reading and writing. I like all these things, I know the value of doing them well, and I love the idea of carving out an hour every morning to focus on them.
So I have read the book again and I will try to stick to the routine each day. It will probably morph into something else but it is a starting point.
For my first entry then, here is the summary of the book:
THE MIRACLE MORNING – By Hal Elrod
We are born with the innate desire to improve ourselves. It is our responsibility to choose the most empowering reasons for our challenges. You need to dedicate time every day to becoming the person you want to be. Your level of success will rarely exceed your level of personal development.
Causes of mediocrity: Basing present on the past, lack of a clear why, one off rule-breaking (how you do anything is how you do everything), lack of accountability, mediocre circle of influence, lack of urgency.
Actively seek out inspiring disciplined people and actively BE that person for others.
Hitting snooze on the alarm tells our subconscious that we have nothing worth getting up for. Train yourself to wake up as excited as if it is the first day of your holiday every day.
Wake up strategy: Set intention before you go to sleep. Move your alarm clock. Brush teeth and drink water straight away. Sleep in your work out clothes. Have your lights/heater on a timer. Wake up ready for your six activities, which form a helpful acronym and address the physical, intellectual, emotional and spiritual elements of your life:
- SILENCE – any type of purposeful silence, which for me will be meditating.
- AFFIRM – state your intentions loudly if possibly, and with emotion. Repeat them so your unconscious believes it. Decide what you really want in each area of your life, and WHY you want it. Decide who you will BE when you have achieved your goals. Define WHAT you will do every day specifically.
- VISUALISE – mentally rehearse your success. See, hear, touch, feel and taste your success. one day ahead or several years ahead.
- EXERCISE – get the heart rate up every morning for 10 – 20 minutes
- READING – learn something aligned with your goals every day, even just 10 pages.
- SCRIBING – Write your realisations, accomplishments, gratitudes, areas for improvement and plans.
Eat well, align your Miracle morning with your goals, overcome procrastination, and keep the routine fresh and new.
Accept total responsibility for everything in your life.
Master new habits, because your habits control your life. It takes 30 days to discover your goals and vision, and the next 30 to change the direction of your life.
Life begins at the end of your comfort zone.
So that was nice. What a great project for lockdown. I’ll let you know how it goes 🙂